- Grab the nearest book
- Open the book to page 56
- Find the fifth sentence
- Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal along with these instructions.
"Behind the Buddha, framed in the window, were the rolling hills, crowned in their turn by blue-grey clouds.
"We sat on and the silence lengthened and deepened, emphasising the stillness and timelessness of the moment. I remember feeling an upwelling of great love for my teacher, as if he and I were one and I could not be sure whether the sadness which was also part of that moment came from him or from myself. A sadness born of our own vulnerability as mortals on this changing, turning planet in the endless eternity of space. 'I want everything to just ... stop.'"
I won't have much actual proper content until after the weekend, probably. Given that, and the fact that everyone else on my flist seems to be doing this at the moment:
- Take a picture of yourself right now.
- Don't change your clothes. Don't fix your hair. Just take a picture.
- Post that picture with no editing.
- Post these instructions with your picture.
I note that it's allowed within the rules to use the good-old LJ shot-from-above angle in order to hide my double-chin.
Look up your birthday in Wikipedia and list:
- 1853 - Russell L. Hawes patents the envelope-folding machine.
- 1908 - New York City passes the Sullivan Ordinance, making it illegal for women to smoke in public, only to have the measure vetoed by the mayor.
- 1997 - Newt Gingrich becomes the first leader of the United States House of Representatives to be internally disciplined for ethical misconduct.
- 1924 - Benny Hill, British actor, comedian, and singer (d. 1992)
- 1956 - Geena Davis, American actress
How many times has someone on your friends list posted about something and you were really confused, but you didn't want to ask because you knew you SHOULD know? How many times have you felt guilty asking a close LJ friend a question that should be obvious?
Well, here's your chance.
If you've missed a few things, missed an entry and are confused, ask meanything. Even something EXTREMELY basic, like where I live! I'm not allowed to get even slightly irritated at any of the questions - we've all missed things before.
Nothing off limits :)
EDIT: Anonymous posting allowed, just because I've never done it before...
Stolen from ree_:
1. Choose a band / artist and answer ONLY in titles of their songs:
2. Are you male or female: Wide Boy
3. Describe yourself: Beautiful
4. How do some people feel about you: Man of a Thousand Faces
5. How do you feel about yourself: An Accidental Man
6. Describe your ex girlfriend: Living with the Big Lie
7. Describe current girlfriend: Cinderella Search
8. Describe where you want to be: Garden Party
9. Describe how you live: The Lap of Luxury
10. Describe how you love: Waiting to Happen
11. What would you ask for if you had just one wish: Hope for the Future
12. Now say goodbye?: Goodbye to all That
Heh. The fact that that wasn't terribly difficult probably demonstrates why I like the band, really; a song for every occasion ;-)